Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    fliernh
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    339

    Garmin 705 Fields changing "randomly"

    On my 705, the fields will occasionally revert back to previous settings without me asking it to. Several times while out riding I will look down and one of the fields will have changed back to what it was some time ago. If I shut down and re-start, it comes back with the correct field in place.

    Any ideas? Anyone else have this happen?

    Thanks
    13 Stumpy FSR Expert Carbon 29
    09 FSR Stumpy S-Works
    11 Surly Pugsley
    04 Klein Attitude Race

  2. #2
    It's carbon dontcha know.
    Reputation: 6thElement's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,685
    Are you switching between the bike1 and bike2 screens?

    If you're viewing the data fields and move the joystick up it will move to the second screen of data fields.

  3. #3
    fliernh
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement
    Are you switching between the bike1 and bike2 screens?

    If you're viewing the data fields and move the joystick up it will move to the second screen of data fields.

    That may be it. I did not know that worked that way. Must have missed that in the manual. So if I understand that right, If I move the joystick up it goes to the data fields for the other bike screen.

    Thanks much.
    13 Stumpy FSR Expert Carbon 29
    09 FSR Stumpy S-Works
    11 Surly Pugsley
    04 Klein Attitude Race

  4. #4
    It's carbon dontcha know.
    Reputation: 6thElement's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,685
    Within the datafield setup there's Bike1/Bike2/Map/Course (I think that's right).

    It confused me when I first got the unit as I thought the Bike1/Bike2 refered to separate bike profiles. But they don't, you get two data screens which are the same no matter which bike profile you're on.

    I tend to use one screen for live values and the second for averages etc.

    Hope that helps.

  5. #5
    fliernh
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement
    Within the datafield setup there's Bike1/Bike2/Map/Course (I think that's right).

    It confused me when I first got the unit as I thought the Bike1/Bike2 refered to separate bike profiles. But they don't, you get two data screens which are the same no matter which bike profile you're on.

    I tend to use one screen for live values and the second for averages etc.

    Hope that helps.
    YES, that helps allot. I also thought that it was for two different bikes. It is all clear now. Thank you much!!
    13 Stumpy FSR Expert Carbon 29
    09 FSR Stumpy S-Works
    11 Surly Pugsley
    04 Klein Attitude Race

  6. #6
    Masher
    Reputation: MisterC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,424
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement
    I tend to use one screen for live values and the second for averages etc.
    Such a good idea. Will do this.

    Just an add on to 705 issues. Do I need to reset the ANT+ cadence sensor dealie every time I rid eto get it to register my cadence? Or just every so often or something like that?

    On my ride yesterday it detected the sensor just fine but it wasn't displaying my cadence on the unit.

  7. #7
    trail rat
    Reputation: slocaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,683
    Quote Originally Posted by fliernh
    YES, that helps allot. I also thought that it was for two different bikes. It is all clear now. Thank you much!!
    Joystick, Up and Down will toggle back and forth as well. The 705 has a keypad lock, push and hold Menu to disable all button input temporarily. Press and hold again unlocks it.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

  8. #8
    g3h6o3
    Reputation: PissedOffCil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,708
    Quote Originally Posted by slocaus
    The 705 has a keypad lock, push and hold Menu to disable all button input temporarily. Press and hold again unlocks it.

    Wow I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing
    Check out my SportTracks plugins for some training aid software.

  9. #9
    It's carbon dontcha know.
    Reputation: 6thElement's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,685
    Didn't know that about the keylock, another one to remember.

    You shouldn't have to reset your cadence sensor, I think I've done it once in a year of ownership. When you spin the wheel or the crank is the light on the unit flashing appropriately? You might have the magnets too far from the sensor.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •