mtbr member

Garmin 305 went DEAD

I bought a Garmin 305 this year with the HRM, well I have never been able to get the HRM to work as I posted in another thread, now all of a sudden the GPS has stopped working altogether. It was charging on my computer, I went to take it off and now I have nothing. What could this be? There is no display at all and when plugged in it no longer displays charge in session. HELP.
    2013 SC Tallboy LTc
    2011 SC Tallboy C
    2010 Jackal
    2012 Heckler

GeoMan
    Press and hold BOTH the MODE and LAP/RESET buttons for a few seconds, release, and power it up to perform a "soft reset". You suffered a 'charge spike'.
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

mtbr member
    Thanks geoman, that did the trick.
    2013 SC Tallboy LTc
    2011 SC Tallboy C
    2010 Jackal
    2012 Heckler

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thanks geoman, suffering the same problem about a hour ago and decide to bite the bullet and get a 705, so was reading the forum when stumbled upon this threat....you just save me few hundred bucks, greatly appreciated.

GeoMan
    Quote Originally Posted by Munich888
    Thanks geoman, suffering the same problem about a hour ago and decide to bite the bullet and get a 705, so was reading the forum when stumbled upon this threat....you just save me few hundred bucks, greatly appreciated.
    That's why we're here!

Thanks!!!
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

nOOb
    May 2008
    How timely, my 305 did the same thing yesterday after my ride. Somehow the battery got completely discharged overnight, so I had a dickens of a time getting it to charge. It also won't download yesterday's ride data, but it shows up in the unit itself. I have replaced all 4 of my bikes computers with gps mounts, I hope it doesn't die on me in the middle of the season!