mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Garmin 305, Google Earth and Training Center

I am new to my Garmin 305 and trying to figure it all out. I have uploaded the trail I did the other day and looked it at. I want to print it out, but I can not get google earth to print anything but an outline of the trail and maybe some roads. I would like to do it in color and do the trail overlay. Is there also a way to save it as a jpeg or gif file so I can put it on a website as a picture later? I have not figuered that out yet. Also, can I change the purple trail color to something that shows up better when and if I can get it print the way I want?

Thanks for all the help.
    Troy

Spencer
    Aug 2008

Smile There could be an easier way... but

Hey man... I love my garmin 305.

There might be an easier way to do this... but I created an account at motionbased.com. You can upload your garmin trails to share. Once uploaded, you can download a google earth file of your trail.

Enjoy

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I have an account with them and can see it in google earth. How do I download the file from google earth?

What I have done is go to motionbased and my file is there under activities. I view the file and there is a map of it. So I go to the larger map of google earth. I can change it from map, terrain or satellite, but I can not figure out how to download it so I can use it later.

Also, is there a way to change the path from purple to a color that is easier to see like yellow. The purple just seems to blend in with everything.

Troy

My other ride is your mom
    when you first have the option of viewing your track, don't. Instead, choose to save. You will then have the option of downloading the .kml. From there, open the .kml and let it load up. Within the Google Earth menu on the left hand side, right click on the .kml you opened up and choose properties. From there, choose style,color tab and voila, you have the ability to change the color.

One Gear
    Have you looked at SportTracks? You can export the track easily and change the color before Google Earth starts.

I just let one RIP
    an easy way to save the pic as a jpeg is to hit the print screen button on your keyboard, open up paint, click Edit, Paste. Save it as a jpeg. I know, not quite what you're looking for, but it'll work.
    A ride a day keeps the therapist away.

mtbr member
    Sportstraks is the way to go
    cheers
    Pagey

Zero Miles from Myself
    In Windows Vista you can use the Snipping Tool to save any portion of anything on the screen to a JPEG. Just look in the accessories folder for the snipping tool. Also works great in Sport Tracks to make printouts of those graphs, charts and tables.