mtbr member

Garmin 305 or 705 or Something Else?

I am currently borrowing a Garmin Edge 305 from a mate who wants to sell it. I must admit I am impressed big time with the data it captures. The one I am using has Cadence and Heart rate Monitor.

I have been using it for about 4 days and i love it Recording every detail of my ride. It even caught me going the wrong way over an empty round about (IT WAS CLEAR BUT I KNOW I WAS IRRESPONSIBLE) Smile which just goes to show how accurate it is.

I use it in association with Motionbased and Sportstracks (unless anyone knows of better software)

I was thinking about a 705 before this opportunity came along. i was just wondering what you guys and girls would advise from experience? Apart from the map feature on the 705 what other differences can I expect to see? Or is there something else.

For info, the chap wants 120 second hand for the 305 which is a bit steep.
    [SIZE="3"]09 Scott Spark 35[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]25lbs of Pure Awesomeness[/SIZE]

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    705 works with 2d party power meters.

I have a 305 and love it; see absolutely no reason for me to change to the 705.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I have seen Forerunner 305's

On sale for 150 dollars. If you can find an edge for close to that price I don't see how it can be beat. The 705 has a larger color screen, the ability to load maps, functions with Power meters, and has a longer battery life. Personally I don't think the additional features of the 705 justify the cost right now. In a year they won't be the latest and greatest and the prices will plummet. I am really happ with my 305. I am able to navigate new trails and collect all the ride data I could ever need or want.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Yeah, thats my thinking too. Just done a quick check on the net and you can pick a new 305 here in the UK for 180. So i am thinking I should be proposing 80 to my friend.
    [SIZE="3"]09 Scott Spark 35[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]25lbs of Pure Awesomeness[/SIZE]