Link to Garmin page (only PNW available now):
    http://www8.garmin.com/cartography/t...ous24kcard.jsp

Still good news.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

Scott in Tucson
    Thanks for the notice on this!

I happen to be planning a ~2 week tour in the Pacific Northwest so this is very well timed.

It looks like the data is only available on an SD card. I'll see if I can get one in time for the trip.
    Author of TopoFusion GPS Software. MTB+backpacking = bikepacking.net. Ride Diary.

trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by Krein
    Thanks for the notice on this!

I happen to be planning a ~2 week tour in the Pacific Northwest so this is very well timed.

It looks like the data is only available on an SD card. I'll see if I can get one in time for the trip.
    Looks like a nice ride. We'll look forward to your account on this. Is MC or anyone else joining you?

I'm curious of your thoughts when you get this loaded. I'm not big on buying preloaded SD cards, but maybe it is ok. I have Topo and City Nav areas that I want on a SD card, but not sure that I want to carry extras, or switch from City Nav to Topo for car to bike use,
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

Scott in Tucson
    Quote Originally Posted by slocaus
    Looks like a nice ride. We'll look forward to your account on this. Is MC or anyone else joining you?

I'm curious of your thoughts when you get this loaded. I'm not big on buying preloaded SD cards, but maybe it is ok. I have Topo and City Nav areas that I want on a SD card, but not sure that I want to carry extras, or switch from City Nav to Topo for car to bike use,
    Yeah, the SD card only seems strange. I suppose it would be multiple DVDs otherwise.

No MC, though he is heading up there, but only to do day rides. I'll probably do one with him before starting the tour. The missus is coming along for this tour on her new Canzo...

I don't think I can get the card in time, so I'll probably stick with the Topo 2008 which is a known quantity.

This looks promising though. It'll be interesting to compare the Garmin 24k maps with some of the free options available (AZ for example).
    Author of TopoFusion GPS Software. MTB+backpacking = bikepacking.net. Ride Diary.

Secrets to behold

New question here.

Awesome news, too bad you there is no DVD version...yet. I read on the features that campgrounds and wilderness campsites are searchable POI's on the 24k version. Curious if this was always a possibility with the 100k maps. I haven't been able to use "find" to locate many campgrounds with mapsource or my 60 csx, even though they appear on the map.
    Beer me.