Explore More

Fusion Tables - The next step in Google mapping

For those interested in mapping, but not programming, check this out.

Some info on my frustrations, findings and now likings of the transition from Google My Maps to Google Fusion Tables. Also includes a tutorial on how to create maps in Fusion.

http://dirtypursuits.blogspot.com/20...me-fusion.html

Interesting. I wonder if (or how) this affects other applications of the Google Maps API. I like the improvements that allow you to display more trail data on more screen real estate.

Explore More
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk
    Interesting. I wonder if (or how) this affects other applications of the Google Maps API. I like the improvements that allow you to display more trail data on more screen real estate.
    Actually, this will just be the demise of My Maps.

I made an update to the posting and included a link to the Google announcement on this issue. Also, corrected a mistake I made in the post; it should have read, 'deactivate the Maps Data API', not the whole 'Maps API'.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDog
    Actually, this will just be the demise of My Maps.

I made an update to the posting and included a link to the Google announcement on this issue. Also, corrected a mistake I made in the post; it should have read, 'deactivate the Maps Data API', not the whole 'Maps API'.
    Ah, fair enough. I don't use My Maps for much, and definitely not with my GPS data. Still, sounds like a nice upgrade from My Maps.