mtbr member
    May 2004

Fathers Day Present

My two sons got me a Garmin Edge 705 for Fathers Day. Quite a gift. It has Heartrate, cadence, and maps. I had an Edge 305 but lost it out riding about a month ago. I like the large screen better on this one. Took a 37 mile road ride yesterday and downloaded it. Got to see the route on Google Maps with street view pictures along the way. I run it on my mountain bike too but I have added a secondary retaining strap so I won't lose this one.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I got a worlds best dad T-shirt! NICE!!!! Wanna trade kids?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmastermbkr
    My two sons got me a Garmin Edge 705 for Fathers Day. Quite a gift. It has Heartrate, cadence, and maps. I had an Edge 305 but lost it out riding about a month ago. I like the large screen better on this one. Took a 37 mile road ride yesterday and downloaded it. Got to see the route on Google Maps with street view pictures along the way. I run it on my mountain bike too but I have added a secondary retaining strap so I won't lose this one.
    Got pix of your secondary retaining strap?

mtbr member
    May 2004

Retaining strap for Garmin 705

Here are my pictures of the retaining strap I made. Just glued a clip to the Garmin with JB Weld and took a little camera strap with a swivel clip from my tacklebox. Click on the image to make it larger.