Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    41

    eTrex Bike Mount

    Is anyone using this mount for their eTrex? If so how do you like it?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 08HardRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    216
    Looks like my Ram mount. If it is, it is great!! Easy enough to get the GPS in there, but once its in, its not going anywhere.

    Go about 3/4 down the page to see it installed: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...35#post5517635






    .
    Friends Don't Let Friends Drive

    2008 Specialized Hardrock Sport
    2010 Bottecchia RS290 Cross

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MaxAug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    35
    I use this mount, very simple, light and stable:


  4. #4
    Blind biker
    Reputation: harry2110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAug
    I use this mount, very simple, light and stable:

    I use the same mount and it has survived an OTB without breaking it also look alot better than a RAM mount and is way cheaper. Also RAM mounts are heavy as they are mostly made of metal and thick plastic. I run them on my electronics in my bass boat and havent had anyone of them break yet so they are durable enough to withstand constant bumps and virbation, but at a weight cost.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10

    31.8 mm mount

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAug
    I use this mount, very simple, light and stable:

    Does anyone know if this type of mount is available for 31.8mm bars?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MikeDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,106
    Quote Originally Posted by stingray4100
    Does anyone know if this type of mount is available for 31.8mm bars?
    Yes, they are: http://www.maptown.com/23143

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 08HardRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by harry2110
    I use the same mount and it has survived an OTB without breaking it also look alot better than a RAM mount and is way cheaper. Also RAM mounts are heavy as they are mostly made of metal and thick plastic. I run them on my electronics in my bass boat and havent had anyone of them break yet so they are durable enough to withstand constant bumps and virbation, but at a weight cost.

    Way cheaper? That mount is about $14-$15. I got my RAM for $16.
    Yes, the RAM is made of a thick plastic, but I think any weight difference would be negligible given the relatively small size of the mount; maybe an ounce or so difference. This particular model is only plastic.
    Friends Don't Let Friends Drive

    2008 Specialized Hardrock Sport
    2010 Bottecchia RS290 Cross

  8. #8
    surly inbred
    Reputation: TroutBum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,530
    Quote Originally Posted by 08HardRock
    Way cheaper? That mount is about $14-$15. I got my RAM for $16.
    http://www.gpscity.com/item-garmin-e...mapbikemnt.htm

    Use the clip that comes with your Etrex unit to mate with this mount. Hard to go wrong for less than $4.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by TroutBum
    http://www.gpscity.com/item-garmin-e...mapbikemnt.htm

    Use the clip that comes with your Etrex unit to mate with this mount. Hard to go wrong for less than $4.

    Thanks guys for all the reply and I did go with the Garmin brand mount. TroutBum, I wish you could've reply sooner cause I paid a little more than that, but its ok I'm glad I got the mount anyway.

  10. #10
    Track Day Addict
    Reputation: mkdive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAug
    I use this mount, very simple, light and stable:


    I have the same mount.....works great! Have used it for a couple years now without any problems.

    I have a couple etrex's and now an Oregon 400t. I'm debating mounting the Oregon on my kona. Its a little bigger than the smaller etrex that Im used to.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MaxAug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by mkdive
    I have the same mount.....works great! Have used it for a couple years now without any problems.

    Never had a problem, even during hard freeriding or falling down on singletrack!


    Quote Originally Posted by mkdive
    I have a couple etrex's and now an Oregon 400t. I'm debating mounting the Oregon on my kona. Its a little bigger than the smaller etrex that Im used to.
    My Etrex lives on a Kona too!

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    48
    Never had a problem with the Garmin mount for my Vista HcX and 60csX, both on MTB and on Race bike.

    Have a look at www.softplate.nl where you can find specialized GPS mounting solutions for bikes.


    Ron

  13. #13
    UBER Addict
    Reputation: gdotbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAug
    I use this mount, very simple, light and stable:

    Where can I get the little clip that screws into the GPS unit? I didnt get one with my Etrex Legend CX unit.

  14. #14
    UBER Addict
    Reputation: gdotbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by gdotbat
    Where can I get the little clip that screws into the GPS unit? I didnt get one with my Etrex Legend CX unit.
    Nevermind, I found it.
    http://www.gpscity.com/item-garmin-e...etrexcclip.htm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •