mtbr member

Embed map with GPS track and pics in your mtbr post

Hello GPS fans,
    I wanted to mention a new feature we just released here at MTBGuru: if you have created a ride on the site, you can now embed or publish the map with track and thumbnails on your own site, blog or even an mtbr forum post. For instance, this is the Annadel ride a few people from the Norcal forum did a couple of weeks ago:
    <center>
    <iframe src="http://www.mtbguru.com/trip/iframe/174?width=500px&height=500px" width="510px" height="565px" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"></iframe>
    </center>

The map is fully zoomable, can be dragged etc like a regular Google map. And clicking the camera icons shows the picture thumbnails (if you then click on a thumbnail your browser will point you to a higher resolution version of the photo). The piece of code that you need to insert in the post is quite simple. For the example:

<xmp><iframe src="http://www.mtbguru.com/trip/iframe/174?width=500px&height=500px"</xmp><xmp> width="510px" height="565px" frameborder="0"</xmp><xmp>marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"></iframe></xmp>

You can just copy and paste this; it's on the bottom of each trip page in MTBGuru (look for the item that says 'Publish Map').
    This could be a convenient way to share trail info and pics from your rides on mtbr.
    (btw, this works in most browsers, unfortunately not yet in Safari)

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    Nice work ElHombre!

As you mention, it would be great to incorporate with “Passion” style ride reports. I see I’m going to have to get into this GPS stuff!

Dave.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Low_Rider
    Nice work ElHombre!

As you mention, it would be great to incorporate with “Passion” style ride reports. I see I’m going to have to get into this GPS stuff!

Dave.
    Yes, and it's a good time of the year: a GPS makes a handy present and of course it's not just another toy: you need it to not get lost

P.S. The MTBR powers-that-be must not have liked this, as putting the 'iframe' code in your post is now not possible any longer. It will still work on anything that correctly parses html, such as most blog software.
    Last edited by ElHombre; 12-17-2006 at 09:00 AM.