mtbr member

Editing a gps trace?

How do I edit a gps trace so that I can keep the loop the I rode but remove the gps leading to the beginning of the loop and also the part of the trace after I had completed the loop? I only have my ride on Ride with GPS and as far as I can figure there is no way of editing existing GPS data. Can I export the GPS to some other program easily and delete the start and end segments I don't want to keep?

I suppose I could just trace the same trails I took but I was hoping to keep the metrics like speed and time intact.

Quote Originally Posted by thatdrewguy View Post
    How do I edit a gps trace so that I can keep the loop the I rode but remove the gps leading to the beginning of the loop and also the part of the trace after I had completed the loop? I only have my ride on Ride with GPS and as far as I can figure there is no way of editing existing GPS data. Can I export the GPS to some other program easily and delete the start and end segments I don't want to keep?

I suppose I could just trace the same trails I took but I was hoping to keep the metrics like speed and time intact.
    Search this board. That's been covered several times. There are web utilities that let you do this, as well as standalone programs on your computer. There are more options available than I can just run a list for you. It's possible, yes. I do it often. I use Topofusion.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    GPX file is in xml format, if I want to remove a few points I just use notepad.

trail rat
    TCX Converter, TopoFusion, MapSource. Google links or find the ones that have been posted here before.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

mtbr member
    TCX Converter seemed to do the trick as I'm using MacOS X. Thanks.