mtbr member

Edge lap recording for team events?

I have an Edge 305 that I have used for a couple of years with Sporttracks software.

When I race solo enduros I have the auto lap set to on and it dutifully records my laps through each transition.

My question is - I am doing a team enduro and therefore will be doing a lap and then stopping and then another lap and so on. What is the best way to use the 305 to record my ride and laps in this instance?

Do I press stop at the end of each lap, turn off the edge (to save batt) then restart for each lap?

Do I press lap at the end of each lap, turn off etc?

Any thoughts?
    cheers
    Pagey

mtbr member
    Bump
    cheers
    Pagey

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

what I've seen...

Quote Originally Posted by pagey
    I have an Edge 305 that I have used for a couple of years with Sporttracks software.

When I race solo enduros I have the auto lap set to on and it dutifully records my laps through each transition.

My question is - I am doing a team enduro and therefore will be doing a lap and then stopping and then another lap and so on. What is the best way to use the 305 to record my ride and laps in this instance?

Do I press stop at the end of each lap, turn off the edge (to save batt) then restart for each lap?

Do I press lap at the end of each lap, turn off etc?

Any thoughts?
    Is that if you press stop and turn it off, (or just turn it off), when you turn it back on and press start it starts a new lap. so that would seem to be the best way for you...
    OR
    you could pass on the 305 to the next person, tho keeping it charged could be problem if tis a long event.
    bike ON
    red-haze
    The more I know the more I know I don't know.
    Let the bike ride the trail, you ride the bike.
    Look where you want to go, not where you don't want to go.