mtbr member
    Apr 2006

New question here. Edge courses question

My primary reason for wanting an edge is the courses function, so I would like to get some feedback from anyone who's used it. From the screenshots that I've seen, when you're running a course, it will show you the distance that you are ahead or behind. What I want to know is, is there any way to have it show the time instead (i.e., '30 seconds ahead', or '1 minute behind').

For now I just memorize my times at certain spots on the trail, and check them against what my computer says. It would be nice to have this automated.

mtbr member
    Do you have a 305 or a 705? I did a quick search - it looks like the feature you're looking for exists on the newer 705.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I don't own one yet. I wanted to make sure it will do the + - time thing before buying.

mtbr dismember

Read this

Quote Originally Posted by gghurst
    I don't own one yet. I wanted to make sure it will do the + - time thing before buying.
    Read this: http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/2297_OwnersManual.pdf

trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by Wherewolf
    Yes, page 21 Virtual Partner. It even has a nice picture that will answer your question once and for all.

Google image search give this. Could not find one in English, but the Garmin manual has it.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie