A local rider lost his Garmin recently and someone posted how to make a 705 display name/phone # when turned on. I tried it toight, and couldn't follow his instructions. I wasn't able to find the startup.txt. Anyone here have any experience with it?
Thnaks allHere are the instructions I downloaded:
1. Connect the unit to your computer via USB.
2. Navigate to the files on the internal memory (not the micro SD card, if you have one).
3. Look for a file called startup.txt
4. Open the file to edit it, in something like notepad. Whatever you type here will be displayed when the device boots up later.
Depending on what mapping you’ve got installed, the boot up time can vary. Some people report that it boots up too quickly to read the startup text. Not to worry – you can also include a time delay, just alter the number in the line where it says
5. Save the file, disconnect from the computer and turn the unit on. Shut it down, then reboot once more.
You should see your custom startup message.
Mtbr's 2016 Winter Biking GearReviews and Roundups
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Edge 705 personalization?