Lone Wolf McQuade

Edge 705 to Motion Based back to Edge 705...

I'm trying to send a ride back to the 705 as a course but Motion Based is telling me this...."Data file successfully imported.....No supported device could be found. Please make sure it's turned on and plugged in". How can my 705 not be supported or plugged in if I can send info from the unit to Motion Based? I'm I missing something? I've downloaded the Garmin Communicator Plug In....the unit is on....wazz up? Any tips on this, thanks.
    I should be out riding....

trail rat
    As I understand, the 705 uses a different protocol, just a USB Mass Storage Unit and not the Garmin protocol that the 205/305 used. Garmin Connect was designed for the new units (which is why the older units do not work with it). Some of the third party software does not work with the 705 either.

I believe I did see a thread here about the 705 that you can drag and drop to the 705 as a drive though.

I'm still using my 305 and waiting for the MotionBased migration to Connect, plus all the software bugs to settle in the dust before I move up. Good luck. There are 705 owners who have had this issue already, but the three letter search thing on MTBR makes it tougher to find.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

Hack Racer
    motionbased is not fully compatible with the new edge 705. To get a course from motionbased onto your edge you need to do the following.

Save/export the course from motionbased.com onto your desktop
    Then use training centre to import the saved course on your desktop. Then you use training centre to "Send to device".

Garmin connect was suppose to replace motionbased, but it lacks lots of the features and is buggy