Living Life Behind Bars..

New question here. Edge 705 issues with uploading to Motionbased and Garmin Connect ???

forgive me if this is already posted but I read the other thread to be the actual units not working. My unit is working but when I go to upload it into Garmin Connect I get this error message and nothing happens. It shows the data under the preview tab but this is what I see when it finishes ? I have about 30 or so rides saved in both GC and MB with no issues before this any ideas ? Thx
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here are all the screen shots form my MAC. I hope I have not lost all my data........
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hack Racer
    Try again now. The servers were down

mtbr member
    Looks like a Java server error. You would think Garmin would properly handle exception situations instead of tossing them out of the web interface...
    Last edited by dnoyeb; 08-05-2008 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Spelling corrections

trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by dnoyeb
    You would think Garmin would properly handle exceptions situations
    Garmin -

1 - great hardware,
    2 - takes them a long time to get software for their hardware,
    3 - web server side is truly pathetic and has been for quite some time.

They have a great idea, but MotionBased has never lived up to its concept potential. How many years has it been? How many times has Connect been delayed? A victim of their own success........

I use programs on my own computer now; TopoFusion and SportTracks. I let my first year MBsubscription expire, even when they offered a two for one renewal. I hate getting fooled twice.......
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

appreciate the info. all is well now. I tell you what I did check out after reading a few similar type issues over the weekend is Ascent for MAC.

downloaded the free version but I think I am going to buy it for $30 as it works really well.

thx again.

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by slocaus
    They have a great idea, but MotionBased has never lived up to its concept potential.

As a user of a free motionbased account, I can say that I've been very satisfied. Yeah, it goes down every once in a while, but who cares? Just upload (or download) your stuff later.

trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyDean
    As a user of a free motionbased account, I can say that I've been very satisfied. Yeah, it goes down every once in a while, but who cares? Just upload (or download) your stuff later.
    I need long term HR stats for my cardiologist (2 stents) so the free account does not provide enough info. Now other programs work great and are more reliable. If free works for you, then more power to you.

Those of us who paid for it expect a little more reliability; plus we felt like we were helping to finance the promised added features that were continually delayed, so you can understand the frustrations.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie