mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Edge 605 replacement

Some b@stard has lifted my 605 unit off my bike (my carelessness)

Can I replace just the unit only.. No cables, connections or charging unit need but just the Edge 605.. does anyone know if this is available and if it is within the UK.. or who des the rock bottom cheapest.. cheers..

trail rat
    Did you try here?
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by slocaus
    Did you try here?
    Pity they have not got an email address and not an automated telephone system.. but cheers..

Not sure how it works on your Euro phone systems, but here in the US, most companies' phone systems will dump you to a person if you press "0" enough times. E-mail is not a reliable communication method when dealing with issues.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk
    Not sure how it works on your Euro phone systems, but here in the US, most companies' phone systems will dump you to a person if you press "0" enough times. E-mail is not a reliable communication method when dealing with issues.
    Sadly in this country most companies think it's funny to keep customers on the end of their phones building up charges for the phone company..

3rd day of trying, on average 12-15mins waiting and then give up..

In fact that things are so bad that our driving licence authority boasted that in 2007-08 they made approx 1,150,000 in telephone calls revenue by using a cheap but still premium rate number for enquiries..

Quote Originally Posted by EFMax
    Sadly in this country most companies think it's funny to keep customers on the end of their phones building up charges for the phone company..

3rd day of trying, on average 12-15mins waiting and then give up..

In fact that things are so bad that our driving licence authority boasted that in 2007-08 they made approx 1,150,000 in telephone calls revenue by using a cheap but still premium rate number for enquiries..
    That's a damn shame. Over here, flat rate plans are quite popular. VoIP systems that use your broadband internet connection, this MagicJack thing that I've never seen in person yet, and even standard phone companies offer plans that have a flat monthly rate with no long distance (even to many places in Europe). I use my cell phone as my home phone, which isn't quite the same, but I can avoid per-minute charges by watching my calling habits. Premium-rate numbers are mostly only used by phone sex companies and scammers.