mtbr member

Edge 500 Question.....

Please would someone be able to help me set-up my Edge 500 for a second bike?

I've got two mounts and cadence/speed sensors but when I go into settings it only seems to give me the option of configuring and naming one bike. There doesn't seem to be a sub-folder for bike 2 (it's already set-up and working properly for bike 1).

Any ideas please?
    Using yesterday's technology, to create tomorrow's problems, today.

sheep in FOX clothing
    Menu > Settings > Bike Settings > (name of bike, 2nd item on list) > Bike Details > (name of bike, 1st box on page)

Then to set up the sensor, go back to the ANT=SPD/CAD item on the previous list, select to enable, and rescan.

Now Press and hold the Page/Menu Button as a shortcut to get back.

Next time you select the bike, it will only look for that bike's sensor, so if you forget to switch it when you switch bikes you will have no wheel sensor.

It's not hard to do once I figured it out, but having to go 6 menus deep to change bikes is a pain in the ass. Someone posted a suggested improvement that during startup it should listen for any of your GSC units and auto-switch to that mode. Which I'm sure is a lot easier to suggest that to impliment.

But if I ever find a shortcut I will post it.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the detailed response, good of you..........
    Using yesterday's technology, to create tomorrow's problems, today.