mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Edge 500 bundle vs buying not as a bundle

Found the Edge 500 computer with non-premium HRM strap and speed/cadence sensor for about $290 shipped. I don't need the cadence, just the HRM and 500 unit which is not sold as a duo.

Anyone find a good price and source for the 500 unit and the non-premium HRM and strap?

Or is it one of those things where they price the bundle so you're paying just a few bucks more for a $40 item and you say "eh, may as well get the bundle instead of buying individually."

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    When I decided to buy an Edge 500, I knew I wanted the HRM (premium one) and two cadence sensors (I have two bikes). I looked at REI's pricing, and it was actually cheaper by like $2 to buy everything individually then getting 1 bundle plus an extra cadence sensor. Definitely weird, and I had to do the math several times before I believed it. That's with the premium HRM, though, so I'm not sure if it would work with the standard one. But definitely look online at REI's prices and see what it ends up being!

mtbr member
    Im wondering about this too... Is it worth it to buy the bundle if I only want the computer and the heart rate monitor?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I'm thinking of buying the 500 from artscyclery with their 15% off coupon and free shipping and then having my local Performance Bike price match Garmin Soft Strap Premium HRM (that site has $14 shipping, yikes) and shipping to my PB store for free, or just ordering direct from one of these sellers at Amazon.com: Used and New: Garmin Premium Heart Rate Monitor (Soft Strap)