mtbr member

Edge 305 went though the washing machine!! And still works!!!

My wife was picking up laundry off our bedroom floor and grabbed my biking shorts that had my Garmin Edge 305 in the right front pocket.......she did not check the pockets and it got washed like a pair of dirty socks.

I took the shell off and let all of the circuitry dry out over night and all day the next day.

guess what.... IT STILL WORKS!!!!

It gets good satellite connection and i plugged it into my computer to see if i could get any data out of it and sure enough i was able to get all of my history transfered including the ride i had done the morning it got washed.

I think garmin should make a commercial .....

I feel lucky.....
    i love the smell of tri-flow in the morning......

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    that's great. i love my 305--I use it EVERY ride.

Quote Originally Posted by klembasek
    My wife was picking up laundry off our bedroom floor and grabbed my biking shorts that had my Garmin Edge 305 in the right front pocket.......she did not check the pockets and it got washed like a pair of dirty socks.

I took the shell off and let all of the circuitry dry out over night and all day the next day.

guess what.... IT STILL WORKS!!!!

It gets good satellite connection and i plugged it into my computer to see if i could get any data out of it and sure enough i was able to get all of my history transfered including the ride i had done the morning it got washed.

I think garmin should make a commercial .....

I feel lucky.....

Lone Wolf McQuade
    I can't begin to count how many of my chapsticks have gone through our washer and dryer Glad to hear the 305 is still ok
    I should be out riding....

MTB Mamba
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by beagledadi
    I can't begin to count how many of my chapsticks have gone through our washer and dryer Glad to hear the 305 is still ok
    I'm with you on that one, my chapsticks always come out working like new too, you?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    This is not my experience of the 305. I replaced with a 705 due to the 305's lack of water resistance.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    This is not my experience of the 305. I replaced with a 705 due to the 305's lack of water resistance.