mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Edge 305 sync courses problem

I have a couple of courses on the device. I set them up on the PC and then txfr to device. Everytime the device is connected to PC it performs an automated txfr. Except I always get an error with txfring the courses. Usually i just repeat the txfr (device to PC) and after a few trials it works. Recently i added a course and couldnt get a clean txfr at all, it kept failing in "course txfr". Garmin customer service said i might have corrupt data and try to reset the device. I tried that but I still get the errors every now and then. Is this user error? Is there a specific way to handle routes? It seems like when I connect the device to PC, it shouldnt even try to txfr any courses to device. Its usually device to PC at connection time. anyway, iam not sure if i have a bad unit or is this a SW problem or user error. Any help is appreciated. PS, i have all the latest SW on the device and PC.

Silence! I kill you!
    I have the same issue with my GPS. Mine seemed to start after I upgraded my software. I just found my disk, so I plan on reinstalling it to the version on the disk to see if that fixes it
    My Website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

My Recent Shoots
    The Blog

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    let me know how you make out. mine is a new unit so I only have had the latest which i believe is 3.4.1. Are other users using 3.4.1 with no issues as far as courses being txfered?

bc3
    mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Any luck? I have the same problem.