bikerbert

Edge 305 Randomly Shutting Off, AGAIN

I've already sent it back to Garmin, and it has been over a year since I've purchased it, so I'm guessing it will be out of pocket to get it fixed.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so other than sending it back how did you fix it? I've already reset it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    mine has not shut off lately...but you're not the only one

mx

mtbr member
    Mine just started doing the same thing. I was using it this weekend and it would just randomly shut itself off after 2-3 minutes. I tested it at home and found that it doesn't seem to turn itself off if I turn it on and just place it on the counter...could it be something loose inside the unit combined with the bouncing around on the trail causing the issue? I just sent an e-mail to Garmin to see what they have to say.

bikerbert
    I put two pieces of the rubber shim you get with a bike computer between the Edge mount and the stem, and it seemed to take care of the problem. Funky thing, it only happened on my road bike.

WooHoo Biking!!!!
    I have the same thing that happens on my road and beater bike, but not on my Mountain bike. I was going to contact Garmin today to see what is wrong. Did you hear from them and get resolution?

mtbr member
    I contacted Garmin through their website and they got back to me within the period they said they would (they said up to 3 days for e-mail and they got back to me in 2 days). They gave me a RMA number and said that would have my unit back to me within 2 weeks of receipt. I just sent the unit back yesterday so I will post my follow up once I receive the unit back from them. So far, I'm impressed with their customer service.

mtbr member
    I just received my Garmin back 13 days after sending in to them for service. They promised it back within 14 days of receiving so as far as I'm concerned they exceeded my expectations especially considering the time it took to get there and come back. It appears they sent me a new unit and I used it this morning (only a road ride) and it was working fine. I'll take it out on the trails this weekend and see if the problem has been fixed. Two thumbs up for Garmin and their customer support!