Rigid in Evergreen

Edge 305 pricing

I've been looking a bit more seriously at getting an Edge 305 recently and have noticed a lot of discounts from list for these units (Amazon has a 305 w/ HR for $196.98 and GeoMan has them in the low $200's).

Have these always been sold this far below list or are they being discounted in anticipation of a new model being released soon?

Thanks!

My Ass is My Pilot
    Best buy . com has them in stock for 189 plus shipping Just got mine Giving my forrunner 305 to my bro
    B.O.S/S Shampoo Now with More No More Gears! 34/18
    Ride With B.O.S/S

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Look at Ebay. I bought my factory refurbished 305 with warranty for $153 shipped. It came with cadence sensor, and a heart rate monitor. I'm very pleaesed with it. Since it's gps enabled, I can switch back and forth between my road and mountain bike without having to deal with speed sensor.

The pricing you see is because a new model was released a long time ago (705/605) that is better. I imagine the 305/205 will be discontinued soon.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I doubt the 605/705 will replace the 205/305. Huge price difference between the two model ranges. Hopefully Garmin will step up it's game though as the 305 is seriously lacking compared to handheld units for mapping.

Rigid in Evergreen
    Yeah the 605/705 is in a different class entirely. I got a new 305 from Amazon (free 2-day shipping w/ Prime) and am very happy with it. It may be lacking as a GPS unit, but as a bike computer it is worlds better than anything I've used over the years.