mtbr member

Edge 305 Coursepoints and GPS Locations

When I create a course, if I improve my time, I now want to create a new course from the improved one. But if I do, I have to recreate all of the course points!! Is there any way to preserve the course points I have already?

Also, is there a way to manage the GPS locations using GTC? or some other external tool? Is this better on say, the 605/705?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

as far as i know

there is no way to move a course with points you need to make new ones in each course. Its you can mark the top of the climbs in gtc by looking at the elevation graph and making a course point at the top. What do you want to make with points? just to see how far ahead you are at certain times? you can do that by using the compare tracks feature in GTC as well.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    A way to manage GPS points is EASY GPS. It' free. A nice way to upload points is to use google maps. Enter an address or a business then select send on the upper right of the map. Select GPS, Garmin then send.

mtbr member
    I guess I simply should not use coursepoints. I don't see any benefit. Courses will be deleted each time I surpass one in pace/speed. I can't keep recreating all the course points. Plus what I really like are the GPS points anyway. Ill check google maps and see if I can figure out how to use that!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Use waypoints instead of course points

I felt the same way regarding course points and stopped using them. instead i save a waypoint (bookmark) which will always be displayed on the map view