mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Edge 305 can't connect to PC

I'm REALLY getting tired of this F*CKING thing. At this point its a $200 stopwatch and its really pissing me off.

My latest issue is it won't connect to my PC. When I plug it in to any USB port, training center comes up and the unit beeps. When I try to move data between the PC or device, it comes up immediately with an error message saying "there was a problem communicating with your device, please make sure its plugged in and try again". At the same time this error message comes up, the unit beeps and displays "transfer complete".

I tried updating the drivers with no change, and also turned off hot sync because I know from prior experience that hot sync likes to talk to anything you plug in. Any other ideas before I test the water resistance of this thing by throwing it in a lake?
    Tampa Florida

07 Iron Horse Warrior 1.3
    07 Redline Monocog Flight 29er 1x9 (The Snot Rocket)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

200 is a great deal.

I paid 400 for mine.

Make sure it is plugged into the same USB port as when you set it up. Its also possible that you have a corrupt file in the unit. Call garmin tech support and they can walk you through reseting it. thier techs are awesome. The edges are great units so don't give up,
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Make it a deep lake!

lol

Grams Light Bikes
    Did you move which USB port you first installed it on? As previously stated it gets picky about the exact port the USB driver software was installed on. If you haven't already, remove all of the Garmin software and start from scratch, especially important is the USB driver