mtbr member

Upset Edge 305 button defect

I'm getting frustrated with my Garmin Edge 305. I've had it a year and 1/2. Had to send it out for warranty repair after 10 months due to the 'mode' buttong not working anymore.

I don't think they repaired, just sent me a new one. Now, 9 months later, it's the arrow down button that's hosed. If I shake the unit, I can hear something loose inside.

I love the unit for everything else, but that sucks!

Do I just have bad luck or does anyone else out here have the same problem?
    "Early bird gets the worm", but the second mouse gets the cheese...

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    seems pretty common... unfortunately.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I'm having the same problem, Does anyone have a way to fix this?

mtbr member
    My down button is also broken and rattling around inside the unit. I dropped mine from waist height. I got two years out of it at least. Kinda small for such an expensive device.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Im going to crack mine open and see if I can fix it. while I'm in there I'm going to do the batery mod.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I had a chance to open up the 305 and took a peak inside. I found that the microswitch had fallen apart. I was able to put it back together and now works perfectly. I also found that the wire that connects to the speaker was loose so I soldered it back on, but the speaker is still not working.

mtbr member
    my edge 305 and got busted, everyrone says send it back, but i felt they gave me the run around they opened a ticket then send fax in my next corresponde. i like the edge 305, but use the foreunner 405 more now, and recently got a delorme 405 for topo

for me gamin business model is clear. make stuff that last's a year or two, then have folks but an 'upgrade'. i am happy enough w/garmin connect calender, since it helps remind me to get outside a few times a week
    Look to where the river ends, or where the river starts...