mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Edge 205 Question

Ok, now that the 205 is under $150 I think I will buy one. Two question I can't seem to find in the online manual.

1) I want to upload a GPX file having the trail I plan on riding that day. I assume I can upload this file into a track onto the 205 and it will display the track and I can navigate to that track? I just use the software which comes with the 205?

2) While navigating on the trail what you see is the little map? I guess what I would rather have is a large arrow saying turn right or left at intersections? Can it display something like that? I couldn't find such a screen shot.

TIA, D

trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbikedroid
    Ok, now that the 205 is under $150 I think I will buy one. Two question I can't seem to find in the online manual.

1) I want to upload a GPX file having the trail I plan on riding that day. I assume I can upload this file into a track onto the 205 and it will display the track and I can navigate to that track? I just use the software which comes with the 205?

2) While navigating on the trail what you see is the little map? I guess what I would rather have is a large arrow saying turn right or left at intersections? Can it display something like that? I couldn't find such a screen shot.

TIA, D
    You are best to upload it as a course, and yes, GTC can do that. You will see the line on the screen like what you see on a ride, and you will need to follow the line. It works well, but you have to look at the GPS often, it will only prompt you if you are off course. In reality, it works fine, since when there is an intersection, you just need to glance down to see if you turn or continue. I use it as a virtual race partner, and have not navigated new trails, but I know I could do that if I go to new areas.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    thanks for the info slo ... i think this should work fine ...