mtbr member
    May 2005

Downloaded from Geoladders...NOW WHAT?

Ok, I just downloaded a trail route from Geoladders. My Garmin 305 said "transfer complete". Now, what do I do? How do I see the Map, if I am no where near the trail-head? Once at the trail head..what do I do?
    Thanks for your help...I am lost?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

1 2 3 4 thats the way to ride a course.

1. You need to make sure you can see the ride you want to do in the courses menu of your garmin training center. If its not there you need to import it, and it has to be a .crs file to do that. Files can be converted for free online at www.gpsies.com

2. Then you need to send the courses to your device. By clicking send to device or syncing it in any other manner.

3. Now in your edge find the menus, and go to training then courses, then select the course you want to do and select do course. Now find the map and use the up and down arrow keys on the right side to zoom in and out. You will need to be within like 50 miles of your course to see any detail on the edges display. There is an arrow and a distance to start box, but I don't really use it unless I want to use the virtual training partner and need to start my clock at the exact place my opponet did.

4. Once you get to your couse you should be able to follow it pretty easy. I like to keep the zoom in pretty tight so I know within a few feet if I get off track. Its pretty amasing how well an Edge can follow a single track.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me