Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

DeLorme PN-20 SDHC Support

993 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Harold 
#1 ·
http://forum.delorme.com/posting.php?mode=quote&p=70970

For those that have a PN-20, this is good news. You can now put a large SDHC card in there. Hmmmmmmm, now to go search for a 16 or 32 gig card :thumbsup:

Jobi Wan Kenobi said:
Hello:

Well, I've got some good news for you all.

The 1.4 Firmware Update included a fix to allow support of SDHC cards. The device now has full support for these cards, with No Size Limit!!

The usual caveats still apply:

1. Not every brand of card (just like with SD) is guaranteed to work. We have found a few no-name SD Cards that failed in the device, and made fixes when we could. There may still be others out there that have a problem. So, the same will be true for SDHC.

2. The Map File / Map Package limits still apply. More storage space does not mean additional packages. See Here for more information regarding File/Package limits.

I'm sorry this information didn't make it out earlier. I was out during the period when this was implemented/tested, and didn't notice it when I came back.

If anyone comes across a card that doesn't work, please let us know the Make/Model so that we can see about adding support in the future.

Jobi Wan Kenobi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.