mtbr member
    Sep 2008

DeLorme Earthmate PN-40 refurbished?

Are refurbished usually okay? I can save $100 and it has a 1 year warrenty.

mtbr member
    A friend of mine bought a new one and the battery would barely last a 2 hour ride. That's after turning things off like some GPS blogs recommend....what's the use if you have to turn features off? He just bought the Garmin Edge 800 and loves it. I have the Edge 205 and athough it does not do mapping the battery lasts 3-4 rides.

Road Warrior

Should be ok

Have the PN-20, 40, and 60. The 60 series solved the battery issue, but I actually pefered the 40. You should get 4 hrs out af a pair of rechargable batteries. Always carry a spare pair, and pair of lithium in case of emergency.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Should I be scared of refurbished models?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    No, not with a one year warranty. Delorme has great customer service. I can get 7-8 hours on my PN-40 with Energizer 2500 nihm batteries.

mtbr member
    i just purchased a refurb phone since i'm getting rid of my droid. my pn 40 was cheap on amazon last year around 200. don't use the delorne rechargeable they suk, regular recharge much better. i just busted another ram mount in the ice and cold. i like my delorne so i'm getting rid of my droid samsung momemnt. its' buggy and i'm loosing my job so i need to cut some cost. w/o internet my cell phone costs are cut in 1/2. i know one time the internet helped me when i was in the woods and twisted and ankle and looked up my in laws number, next time i just call 411 or 911 if i'm really busted up
    Look to where the river ends, or where the river starts...