mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Cyclemeter Iphone app questions

Hi All,

I just downloaded and tried out the cyclemeter app. I really like the data and maps it logs. I logged a short trip yesterday but im not understanding where the data goes on the icloud? or how to get it on my PC via icloud or ???

I browsed the website and found the setting on my phone that says "save now" under icloud, but where is the data going? I have pictures automatically save/upload to my PC desktop. So should it be in there? or when i log in to the icloud through the web?

Also, is this based on real GPS and very accurate? or is it based on cell phone tower locations?

Any other newb tips or websites you can give would be helpful. In the meantime ill go search some youtube posts.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I'll answer my own question in case someone else new to this is looking. I received this info from a customer service rep. It was very long and talked about the settings but here is the quick version in my own words.

The Icloud feature backs up your database "in the cloud". Just in case you ever need to reinstall the app or lose your phone you can "reload" your personal database by logging into icloud. It does not back it up to a PC automatically like photo stream.

If you want your data exported to your PC (which is what i wanted to do) use email from your phone. Choose the spreadsheet format you want to export it as and send.

Hope that helps and if im wrong on any parts feel free to correct me.