mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Creating jpg files with Garmin software?

OK, I just got the GPSmap 60CSx and absolutely love. It was really easy to learn how to use use. I already brought it with me on a few rides and it worked flawlessly. I went all out and also bough the City Navigator and Topo US software. They're both great too.

I just have one question (that I haven't figured out how to do), how can I take a track map or track profile image and save it as a .jpg file?

Thanks...
    Greg
    I may be late to the game and won't finish first, but I'll still be smilin'

Scott in Tucson
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPA_Biker1958
    OK, I just got the GPSmap 60CSx and absolutely love. It was really easy to learn how to use use. I already brought it with me on a few rides and it worked flawlessly. I went all out and also bough the City Navigator and Topo US software. They're both great too.

I just have one question (that I haven't figured out how to do), how can I take a track map or track profile image and save it as a .jpg file?

Thanks...
    I don't think there is an export map function in Mapsource. I've never been able to do it.

There's always screen capture (print screen) then paste to a paint or image viewing program, I guess.
    Author of TopoFusion GPS Software. MTB+backpacking = bikepacking.net. Ride Diary.

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPA_Biker1958
    Thanks...
    That's easy, but not done inside Garmin software. When you have the route or track up on your monitor, 'capture" the image with either Printkey or Snap and save as a .jpg file. I currently use MWSnap3, but had PrintKey before. Both work well. I wouldn't want a computer without one or other, invaluable utility.Here is an example of map I just drew route on. Go to the bottom of my thread here to see example...might be slow to load, lots of pics too ((-8.
    Cornell Lake(pics) x-post Eastern Canada

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    On MS WIndows, hit the Print Screen key, then fire up the Paint accessory and hit Control-V. No need for other stuff. Late model versions of Paint do JPG, earlier ones may only do BMP files.

TopoFusion (shareware) does a great job exporting to jpg.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I was really hoping to do it in the software, oh well. I'll try a couple of different ways and pick what works best for me. I guess it's all part of the learning experience...

Like I said, the GPS is great and can't wait to take it out on more rides.

Thanks for the suggestions!!!
    Greg
    I may be late to the game and won't finish first, but I'll still be smilin'