mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Couple basic Edge 305 questions

Greetings,

I have had a 305 for a bit now, but have a couple (probably really simple) issues. How do you ensure that you are starting a new session rather than a new lap quen using the 305? I'm obviously doing that wrong. Also, if I do have two sessions stuck together as two laps, is there an easy way to split those into two separate sessions?

Any enlightenment would be much appreciated.

One Gear
    When your done riding push stop. Then hold the reset button until it tells you that it is resetting itself. It will be ready for the next new session. The laps my be able to be edited after you download them. I've never tried.

Good luck

trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by sand101
    Greetings,

I have had a 305 for a bit now, but have a couple (probably really simple) issues. How do you ensure that you are starting a new session rather than a new lap quen using the 305? I'm obviously doing that wrong. Also, if I do have two sessions stuck together as two laps, is there an easy way to split those into two separate sessions?

Any enlightenment would be much appreciated.
    Yes, press and hold the Lap/RESET button for over 3 seconds to start a new session, as stated.

TopoFusion www.topofusion.com will allow you to merge or split tracks. Incredible software, and a free trial version that is fully functional except for tiles that overlay the maps. You can split your track just fine, try it! I have used it for 3 years or more. Scott, the author, is here on MTBR as Krien, and is very responsive to posts here and direct emails on his site.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Thanks guys. I have tried Topofusion, but didn't see that capability. I'll look back into it!

trail rat
    "Cut Track - Left clicking on a segment of a track will delete the segment and split the track into two separate tracks. Both tracks stay in the file of the original track."

http://www.topofusion.com/manual.php
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie