Life is Short...Ride Hard

Which computer should I consider....

I have a budget around $100.

I want to be able to upload ride data to Strava as that is what all my friends use. I would love to have heart rate monitor and the ability to view the map of my ride. I would also like to know my distance and speed and elevation changes.

This will be my first computer and I wanna get a good one but considering I just dropped 2200 on a new 29er, I can't convince my wife to let me get a $400 Garmin 500. I really can't convince my self to spend that either lol.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

For $100, you can get the ability to upload GPS data, but not much else. You're pretty much limited to eTrex models. You could possibly find an old one to let you view maps, but it will be out of date elsewhere.

Even an Edge 305 with HRM doesn't appear to be going for that little right now. Maybe an old used one on ebay if you're lucky. The ones I see there now are even going higher than $150.

If you really want maps and HRM, you will have to save your money.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Smart Phone apps.

I agree with nate. The least expensive gps thats going to do what you want is an edge 305. There is the edge 200 which I think has a 30 dollar rebate from garmin so it could come in at the $150 range as well. Read the thread about the 200's accuracy many people are of the opinion its not right for an MTB.

Do you have a smartphone? You can use the strava app or other similiar ones and upload to strava.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

Life is Short...Ride Hard
    Said f*** it and just bought a Garmin 500.

The phone apps on android suck ass and thats what I have. The iphone is pretty accurate but dont have one of those.

But thanks for the help guys.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LvilleFan View Post
    I can't convince my wife to let me get a $400 Garmin 500. I really can't convince my self to spend that either lol.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Never say "can't."