Cateye Strada Wireless

Anyone have feedback on this computer?
    How does it stand up for off road?
    Are the mounts secure?
    Too many toys, not enough time.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Cateye Strada

I have friend who has a strada and micro. He broke the strada on his first ride and ordered a replacement mount and now he is suggenting that I buy a strada and not a micro. he really likes his if you find some at a great price please send a reply back to me wo I can order two aswell.

saddlemeat

Weak mounting bracket?

I broke mine on the first ride too, or at least the catch that holds it in the mount broke. Eventually I lost it because it fell out when I laid the bike down. I wouldn't buy another, it seemed a little fragile to me.

emteebee
    Jun 2006
    I have both the strada wireless and the micro wireless. The strada is slimmer/sleeker, but I prefer the micro wireless personally. I dislike the mount the strada sits in although it's very handy the way it changes the display.

mtbr member
    I have the Strada Wireless but it has stopped working and it's driving me mad! Basically there seems to be no signal received or transmitted.

I changed the batteries, reset the whole thing, bought a new wheel magnet but no luck...

I am considering buying a new sensor in case it's faulty but I think I'll be pretty pis*ed off if the problem is with the receiver.

Any ideas out there -shall I just forget it an go for a wired unit?

Cheers

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I had both on two different bikes. I suspect the strada mount is not as secure as the micro but both have not fallen off while riding agressive off-road for about two years. I recently lost the strada after it fell off the mount but not while riding it somehow must have became dislodged while transporting. No issues with the Micro. The advantage of the Strada is the click interface (much easier to use with one hand) but the Micro has a backlight. Other than that they are identical in functionality. If I were to start again I would probably only get the Micro having said that I just ordered another Strada only because I still have the strada mount and sensor from the old unit which I can use as spares or put on another bike.