Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Cateye Stealth 10?

I am still looking for a bike computer or possible a GPS. I guess it is not out yet, but has anyone been able to find a review on this unit from Cateye?

CC-GL10 | CATEYE

mtbr member
    Looks like it has 1 second interval recording and a clock on the display. I may have to try one as a replacement for my edge 200.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Where did you find that stat? I must have over looked it. I think I will get one as well.

mtbr member
    Cateye has the manual on their site. Page 16.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Our Shop just got a couple in Hopefully we will be putting one on a bike to go out and test see how it does.

AUSTIN TRI-CYCLIST - Austin's Triathlon and Cycling Shop, Austin, TX

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I'm looking forward to hearing what you think.

mtbr member
    Me too!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kimble.west View Post
    Our Shop just got a couple in Hopefully we will be putting one on a bike to go out and test see how it does.

AUSTIN TRI-CYCLIST - Austin's Triathlon and Cycling Shop, Austin, TX
    Had a chance to play with it yet?

mtbr member
    I'm really interested in one of these too. The price is easier to handle than the Garmins, and I only need basic functions.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Bump. Subscribed.

mtbr member
    Anybody got some miles on one yet?

Trailhead Poseur
    Subscribing, I'm interested in hearing about this, too. I'm waiting for the Stealth 50 for the Ant+ support, but I assume the GPS portion would be the same between the two.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jjaguar View Post
    Subscribing, I'm interested in hearing about this, too. I'm waiting for the Stealth 50 for the Ant+ support, but I assume the GPS portion would be the same between the two.
    X2. As soon as I learned a little bit about them I thought, "Well for not much more I get the ability to add HRM and Cadence down the road". Btw, is there a way to subscribe to threads without posting in them first?

Trailhead Poseur
    Yes, at the top of the page, right above the first post, is a "thread tools" pulldown menu. From there click "subscribe to this thread". I posted anyway to let it be known there is interest in hearing a followup, but mostly just in case someone knows something different about the 50.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jjaguar View Post
    Yes, at the top of the page, right above the first post, is a "thread tools" pulldown menu. From there click "subscribe to this thread". I posted anyway to let it be known there is interest in hearing a followup, but mostly just in case someone knows something different about the 50.
    Thx JJ.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Hi all!

I found a review about the Cateye Stealth 10. Here it is:

bike blog or die: Product Review: The Annoying New Cateye Stealth 10

Seems like the GPS reception isn't that great and the computer software isn't in a mature stage yet.

mtbr member
    I'm three rides in with mine and like it fine so far. I've always just used a plain cateye without gps functions. So far it seems to be working fine, the leaves are starting to come out though so we'll see how that affects it. It seems to be accurate, the usb charge is nice. It's a little tricky to setup like most of them. I later found out you can alter the settings on it through the computer program though and not have to figure out how to change everything using the picture instructions. I'm currently using the Cateye program and website to upload to, haven't tried Strava or anything else yet. My only disappointment is finding out how off my previous cateye calibrations were...

mtbr member
    Necro bump. Found this thread trying to find others thoughts on the Stealth 50, so I thought I'd have a little input since I have used it a few times.

I bought the Stealth 50 last week and like it a lot so far. (It's the same as the 10, just with ANT+ capabilities.)

I bought it for $150 at my LBS, but it's $135 online, so the price is awesome. The device itself is GREAT...really love the hardware. The software still needs work, it's a bit archaic, but it does work fine once you have it installed and it uploads straight to Strava.

One bit of advice, don't use the manual that comes with it, get the manual from Cateye's website, the one that comes with it is full of Engrish.
    2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Lurker here!

I overnighted a Stealth 10 today. Will get it tomorrow. I have spent the last week researching these things, bouncing from watch to bike-specific to handheld and back again. Never pulling the trigger because the best blend of options was just more than I wanted to spend. I saw this one this morning and decided to bite. It won't do HRM, which is a minor drawback, but I think the 1 second polling is more than worth it at this price point.

I think my ideal solution is a Forerunner 310XT since I do like to run (and for that I want to see HRM), but ~$225 is just going to have to wait. I like to MTB more than run so this Cateye should be plenty of fun! Hope it keeps signal in the trees, which it sounds like it can, because I've seen people say it gets signal in the house.

It appears to be easy to get GPX files off of it, which is the most important feature for me, along with accurate GPS point capturing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdameron View Post
    Lurker here!

I overnighted a Stealth 10 today. Will get it tomorrow. I have spent the last week researching these things, bouncing from watch to bike-specific to handheld and back again. Never pulling the trigger because the best blend of options was just more than I wanted to spend. I saw this one this morning and decided to bite. It won't do HRM, which is a minor drawback, but I think the 1 second polling is more than worth it at this price point.

I think my ideal solution is a Forerunner 310XT since I do like to run (and for that I want to see HRM), but ~$225 is just going to have to wait. I like to MTB more than run so this Cateye should be plenty of fun! Hope it keeps signal in the trees, which it sounds like it can, because I've seen people say it gets signal in the house.

It appears to be easy to get GPX files off of it, which is the most important feature for me, along with accurate GPS point capturing.
    I literally just got back from riding in a rain storm, and it never lost GPS signal, and I've never had issue with it in trees either. I'm on the Stealth 50, but the receivers are the same.
    2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    That's great news! Would love to see more competition in the GPS bike computer market.

Quote Originally Posted by mdameron View Post
    Lurker here!

I bought a refurb 310XT for about $160 recently.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    I bought a refurb 310XT for about $160 recently.
    Yeah, I saw that in several threads. I thought about it, but I just don't do refurbished stuff anymore.

mtbr member
    So far I'm not having signal issues in the trees. It has a little signal meter similar to a cellphone. I think sometimes it drops down a bar a or two, hard to tell while I'm moving. Overall I'm very happy with it. The interface to the computer is a little weird but I've figured it out. I'm using the Cateye Atlas site, so far it's good for what I want. I might try using Strava just to see which I like better.

mtbr member
    oooohhhh...i hope i can get one locally...i think this can be used for running as well since it can be set to a 1 sec sensitivity

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast