mtbr member
    Apr 2008

CatEye Enduro 2 - Wireless or Wired?

I'm looking to put a good, all around computer on my new Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29er. Something for around $50 +/- would be nice.

I have heard the CatEye Enduro 2 is one of the better products. Is this a good computer for a XC mountain biker and should I go wireless or wired? Is there any other computer I should be looking at too?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I've been using the Enduro 2 for several years and it has always worked well, and given me all the information I need. I just got a new bike and the Enduro 2 is making the switch with me.
    The cable isn't overly long so I would check to make sure that it will work on your 29er, especially if you have a longish headtube. A longer cable is available from Cateye at additional cost if you need it.
    If you do decide to go wireless, check out the reviews on this site to see which ones work well as there seems to be a wide range of reliability with the wireless models. Other purchaser's input and experiences are invaluable in avoiding problems with poorly functioning products.

Expert Crasher
    I've got 2 Enduros, one for each 29er - the cable is long enough as is. 100mm fork on my Large Sultan - enough cable to run a 135mm fork.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin