mtbr member

Cat Eye Bar mounting...

I have a Cat Eye Micro Wireless computer. I love the computer. It fit snug and has auto start. The only issue is the bar mount. It tends to move too often and on more then 1 occasion the computer flipped around completely.

Is there any way to secure better to bar? Does anybody know i Cat Eye sells a headset mount?

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I am not really sure about the Micro, but my Starda setup instructions say it can be mounted on either location based on how you set the mounting bracket in the clip mechanism.

Just looked at the instruction manual for that model: http://www.cateye.com/sites/cateye/u...C100Wv2ENG.pdf

and it can be mounted differently on the stem.
    Last edited by SHWELL; 04-25-2009 at 04:41 PM.

Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    Quote Originally Posted by Twenty Times
    I have a Cat Eye Micro Wireless computer. I love the computer. It fit snug and has auto start. The only issue is the bar mount. It tends to move too often and on more then 1 occasion the computer flipped around completely.

Is there any way to secure better to bar? Does anybody know i Cat Eye sells a headset mount?
    I had the same issue, basically pushing the buttons would cause the unit to rotate on the bar and I could never get the zip ties tight enough to prevent this. In the end I moved it to stem which solved this issue. I really wish Cateye had stuck with the older style bar clamps that were secured with a screw... those never gave me any issues.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kwarwick; 05-09-2009 at 02:32 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I just installed Micro Wireless last Friday.
    Not a fan of the zipties.

Thanks for the link above, I think I will order one of these mounts, it should have came with the unit in the first place.