mtbr member

Casio Commando for Verizon

Has anyone used this phone? I've been considering going with this instead of a phone with more features (thunderbolt or droid charge), because I would like to use it for its trail-tracking GPS abilities, and it has pretty loud speakers for playing music while riding, and I wont have to worry about it breaking during a ride due to its rugged build. Trying to get an idea if anyone actually uses it frequently on rides or if it ends up staying back in the car. Thanks!

Why not just do this?

or

mtbr member
    I'm an Android fan and read initial reviews. People seem to love it but I'm not sure any of the reviewers are really nature fans. Casio makes some pretty rugged stuff and the software included for actual nature use seemed to be pretty cool.

mtbr member
    I thought about it, but it would be a downgrade from my DroidX I have. I love the water resistance and other great features. From the reviews I have read people really like it.

The problem I see is that it has less memory and slower than the Droid X.

IMO

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I use a Sprint Evo 4g and the My Tracks application provided by Google from the Android Market. It seems to keep a good amount of information and also allows uploading to Google Maps or as an output to other formats. You can save the tracks on your phone and view any data that it keeps directly though the application. If you are already using an Android device I would check it out to see if you like it. Btw, it is free also.

mtbr member
    It's pretty easy to just activate when you run out the door. Pick it up and dial *228 as you leave. Reactivate your primary phone when you get home. Android backs up your contacts and all so you wouldn't really have to worry about losing anything like that.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ExCactus View Post
    Has anyone used this phone? I've been considering going with this instead of a phone with more features (thunderbolt or droid charge), because I would like to use it for its trail-tracking GPS abilities, and it has pretty loud speakers for playing music while riding, and I wont have to worry about it breaking during a ride due to its rugged build. Trying to get an idea if anyone actually uses it frequently on rides or if it ends up staying back in the car. Thanks!
    I've been looking at this phone as well. I currently have the Casio G'zOne flip phone, and it is a beast!!! That's actually underrating it. I've dunked it in water, swam w/ it, dropped it countless times, and it keeps on ticking. I would have replaced lesser phones a couple times.

I'm actually surprised more people don't own this phone. Iphones break my just looking at them.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Android has many free app in stores and can backs up your contacts and all so you wouldn't really have to worry about losing anything like that.

Have a nice day.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    i have the flip versio right now and its been good to me. i was thinking about getting the commando until my buddy at work got it. i played with for a little bit and i don't like nearly as much as my girlfriends iphone, the guy i ride with mostly also has a iphone and he tracks all our rides on it from his camelback. i will get a iphone and just be a little more carefull with it. The otter box case is a must have with the i phone.