I Tried Them ALL... Moderator

Cannondale IQ118 Wireless not reading mileage

I replaced both batteries and the thing is still not reading miles. Everything else works fine. The unit is only a year old.
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    I returned the unit to the LBS I bought it from, and they said it is very sensitive to electro-magnetic interference. The tech took out his cellphone and swiped it across the display module and it read 19.3mph! He said nothing magnetic can be within one foot of this unit.

Every one of this computer they sold had failed, so they were no longer stocking it. They were able to replace it with a new CatEye Strada Wireless, which was 100% Electro-magnetic interference-free. The only drawback of the new unit was no backlighting and no ambient temp reading. These are small compromises compared to flaws of the POS China-made Cannondale unit:

1. Wheel speed skyrockets, once wheel is raised during riding. Forget jumps.
    2. White only display unit gets absolutely filthy during road and mountain riding.
    3. Rubber fork stopper piece completely disintegrated after one year of exposure to elements.
    4. Direct viewing from above results in very dim display. Move unit to view at 45-degree angle, for best resolution.

This could have been a great cyclocomputer- but Cannondale made the fatal mistake of going to China to have this product produced there. After one year of use- my unit became completely useless for speed/mileage readings. Who wants a $60 clock/thermometer?
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"