mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Bike computer advice

Hi
    Over the years I have owned a number of bike computers and most recently a sigma HR2006. They all seem pretty unrealiable. The Sigma wheel sensors seem particularly poor esp as they need to be run on the lefthand leg which makes setting up on a mountainbike with disc pretty hard. Additionally, if I stop riding, the sensor sometimes doesn't respond when I get going again.

Anyone got any tips on whats good.

I need HR monitor
    2 bikes
    Stem or toptube mount
    Altimeter
    Pref one that can switch off any auto stop
    As I ride in Scotland all year round, it needs to have some weather protection.

Is a GPS unit what I need or is there a better bike computer out there. Tried VDO, Sigma

Not tried the Blackburn units

Thanks for any help

Ride More Work Less
    Jun 2006
    I have been using the Sigma Sport BC2006 MHR for the past year and have similar reliability problems. I thought maybe it was my new Mojo causing the problem, but the same problems exist with it on my Spesh.

Have you looked into the CicloSport products? They have several that meet the requirements. I would love to hear from someone who uses their products.
    Last edited by avam; 08-19-2009 at 06:07 AM.

I Ride Alone

Just the Wirless transmission.

I have had all sorts of problems with wireless computers. Had to switch to a wired the Cateye enduro, which is very reliable, has never failed even after bad crashes, but it only has bike functions.

So is it just the wirless system when mounting on a suspension fork?
    I'd stick with the wired computers but cant find one with the functions I need, Bike, HR, Alti.

I was thinking of trying the Mavic Wintech Ultimate has everything and while I have found most Mavic products to be excellent I have heard nothing about these Mavic computers.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I'm glad I'm not the only one having trouble. I'd go for a Garmin GPS unit if I could be convinced that it would do the job, but I'm still not sure. There's also the new Sigma Rox. I'm off to look at the ciclosport website now as well

Ta for the feedback/advice

Tire Geek O_o
    I have a Sigma BC1106 DTS, it was installed in the shop, so I never had a problem with it. It has only basic functions which are enough for me....speed, distance, ride distance, etc...

But yes they are better crappy. I bought some of those for my brothers, and they were a pain in the @ss to configure, or better saying, setting the wheelsizes is complicated, not enough information from sigma on how to do it.... or how to get the correct code. And then the pairing is a mess..... and I still cannot pair a second transmitter with my second bike! (do I actually need to buy the same transmitter but the one with red label????) 4 days and running and I still cannot pair it....

Has someone tried the Cateyes Wireless computers???

I actually might go for the wired enduro...