Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

bike computer accuracy

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  oldsalty 
#1 ·
as I move the sensors down towards the center of the wheel is the computer less accurate? cannot get the 5 mm minimum spacing further up the wheels:confused: I have sigma BC 1106s on both bikes brand new wired types.

#2 ·
Should'nt matter where on the spoke the magnet is it reads tire revolution so if your computer is set up correctly it should be accurate .Either use the size chart in the directions or make a mark on the tire and on the ground roll the tire a complete revolution
and make a mark on the ground and measure the distance.

#3 ·
I like to get my sensor as close the the hub as possible. Closer to the rim and the magnet gets usually gets knocked around a little.

As Mateo said, no change in accuracy. The sensor is only counting wheel revolutions.

For best accuracy, when you measure your wheel roll-out, be use the tire is filled to your appropriate riding pressure, and that you simulate normal riding weight on that tire. Those two items have the biggest impact on accuracy of the mileage recorded.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.