Thread: Best MB apps

Rogue Exterminator

Best MB apps

It is a digital world and it seems to be app for everything.

I have all sports GPS which is pretty cool.
    It will log time, distance, elevation, etc
    You can take photos with it and share your routes and everything.

What are some other must have apps that are MB related?

All Sport will tell me where I have been, is there any apps that will give you direction on the trails (kind of like a standard automotive GPS)?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    i use Endomondo on my android, and so does my friend on the iphone...ive tested many workout apps and this seems to be the best IMHO. It tracks, gives you calories burned, u can beat your times, your friends times, has an auidable voice for every mile you do, and u can see your speeds and elevations on a chart after your work out. I would highly suggest this app. I have the pro version of it. Their website is nice too, keeps track of your work out there as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    It is a digital world and it seems to be app for everything.

I have all sports GPS which is pretty cool.
    It will log time, distance, elevation, etc
    You can take photos with it and share your routes and everything.

What are some other must have apps that are MB related?

All Sport will tell me where I have been, is there any apps that will give you direction on the trails (kind of like a standard automotive GPS)?
    There are several threads under "GPS, HRM and Bike Computer" devoted to MB apps (both for Android and Apple). I have an Iphone and personally use MotionX-GPS. I use to use MapMyRide, but found MotionX-GPS meets all my needs.

MotionX-GPS website

Sample screenshots in Landscape mode (also works in Portrait mode):

unpossibles
    I use Endomondo as well and it does everything I need whether I'm riding or running. I do find that phone gps tends to miss some of your mileage so I always correct my workout distance based on the data from my Sigma after each ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    yeah i hear you on the gps missing it sometimes, but mine isnt off by much, maybe at the very most 1/2 a mile for a 12 mile ride....i loose the signal between heavy trees and overpasses

unpossibles
    Quote Originally Posted by togish1 View Post
    yeah i hear you on the gps missing it sometimes, but mine isnt off by much, maybe at the very most 1/2 a mile for a 12 mile ride....i loose the signal between heavy trees and overpasses
    Yep if I'm out in the open it's much better but if I do 10 miles in the woods, especially if it's a ton of switchbacks, I sometimes lose up to 15%. I'm sure I'd have better accuracy if I had my phone mounted on my bars, I usually have it in my hydration pack strap pocket, or in a holster on my hip.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    ive had my phone in my pocket and it was fine...i guess it also varies on how good your phone is made and the brand? i just purchased the universal ram mount for the handle bars...it works great, except one thing...my handle bars are a bit curved and the actualy mounting part doesnt seat correctly on the bar, so i need to put some extra padding on it or something to stop from slipping

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    I consider losing a 1/2 mile on a 12 mile trip to be a lot. The gps on my phone is a lot less sensitive than any of my dedicated gps units (and some of those are iffy at times).
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

unpossibles
    ive had my phone in my pocket and it was fine...i guess it also varies on how good your phone is made and the brand? i just purchased the universal ram mount for the handle bars...it works great, except one thing...my handle bars are a bit curved and the actualy mounting part doesnt seat correctly on the bar, so i need to put some extra padding on it or something to stop from slipping
    I dunno, I have an iphone 4s and it tracks very accurately with other gps enabled apps. I read somewhere on the Endo site that they were going to look into increasing the gps polling interval for the iphone app now that the iphone gps is much better than it was on older models. Not sure if they've implemented that yet, though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I use iBiker app on my iPhone and really like the app. It logs a ton of info, is very easy to use, and it was also free!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I used Google my tracks yesterday for the first time on a ride. Seemed to work good was very close distance was very close to my computer that is calibrated to my wheel. Records your track, shows time, Avg. speed, max speed, elevation change (not much of that down here in FL) I will use it again next time I ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I'm using MediaFire App. With the MediaFire app you can take advantage of 50 GB of free storage space on the Web. The app allows you to admittance all your documents, photos, and videos from everywhere. You can safely store your data on the site. You can also share files on the go via the app. The app also enables you to search through your files online.
    Last edited by veronicazora; 09-27-2012 at 02:01 AM.