Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Best Iphone 4s Mount?

Just getting my Cannondale Flash 3 next week and looking into mounting my iphone 4s.

I seen mounts from NC-17 , Life Proof , Wahoo , and QuickLock.

Of these the youtube of the NC-17 was pretty impressive! Alos the Quick Lock website looked very good too.

Any other ones I might have missed?

Which one would you guys point me towards?

Also , do you need a magnet on the spoke, and or anything mounted on the fork?

Also a cover for the iphone would be good too , to keep dust, dirt , mud and rain off it.

Thanks alot in advance !!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    anyone??????????

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    I use the Otterbox case and the belt clip to attach to my shoulder strap on my pack. got a mini bungie that keeps it tight. about the safest place for it in a crash if you set it right on the indent between your shoulder and chest muscles. also keeps it out in just about the best place for GPS reception, people throw them inside their packs and then cry because they get bad GPS info/readouts. the pack doesn't block all that much but pumps, multitools and such will block/scramble/screw up signals.

I don't like it attached to the bike, for one it's more likely to get damaged (seen it twice with a friends Iphone and a regular GPS attached to the bars) and if I crash and get really hurt I may not be able to get to the bike if it rolls even 5 ft away, with it right at your shoulder it can't be any closer for emergencies ...

I did mod the belt clip as they have that stupid hugh rotating plastic clip. I snapped it off and just used a small nu and bolt and pulled a metal clip off an old tape measure... works 100% better than the crappy plastic thing.
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

Miami, FL
    Have you seen the Topeak iPhone Ridecase?

TopeakŪ Cycling Accessories
    Dan
    Trek 3500 disc

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    cant believe more people havnt posted up thiers?

Still Looking................................ Need to buy soon!!

mtbr member
    I use the lifeproof . I like it

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Well went with the LifeProof,,, and iphone case.

That case looks tuff as nails... almost like the otterboxx,, but not as BIGGGG.

mtbr member
    May 2008

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Tom View Post
    Don't get this mount for mountain biking.
    I had it and it was great until it broke.
    It just isn't made to sustain the constant abuse it will take on a mountain bike.
    On a road bike it would be great.

I haven't seen an iPhone mount yet that I think would sustain the kind of punishment it would see on a mountain bike.
    I ended up buying an Otterbox Defender and I either put it in a pocket or in my hydration pack.

Ballstein Models
    I just got the Wahoo ANT+ case. Will give it a test tomorrow. So far looks like a decent unit. A bit big but to encase the iphone it will have to be pretty large.

The source for mountain biking information in the Madison Wisconsin Area:

Capital Off Road Pathfinders

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mestapho View Post
    Don't get this mount for mountain biking.
    I had it and it was great until it broke.
    It just isn't made to sustain the constant abuse it will take on a mountain bike.
    On a road bike it would be great.

I haven't seen an iPhone mount yet that I think would sustain the kind of punishment it would see on a mountain bike.
    I ended up buying an Otterbox Defender and I either put it in a pocket or in my hydration pack.
    Yeah, ok...do you even own this case because I own two?

I took this case on Palm Canyon Epic & it held up fine. I crashed a few times & even tweaked my shoulder so bad I was put on "light duty" for 30 days. The case held up fine. The only thing I've added to it was the heavy duty mount, that was more for peace of mind then anything else. The stock mount has done well & made it through Palm Canyon Epic which is more then most people can do.

mtbr member
    Yep. I had the bioliogic for about two months before it broke. I ride a lot of rocky trails and over time the constant chatter broke the swivel part. It pushed thought the bottom of the case eventually. My phone just fell off of my bars during a ride. For $60 I expected more than two months of use. What i have seen on all of the iPhone bike mounts is that they use a stiff/brittle plastic. If they were made from a sturdier ABS like the Otterbox and had a mount meant to deal with the rigors of trail riding it would be fine I think. I loved the Biologic when it was working though. I think the Wahoo Fitness mount is going to suffer the same deficiencies as the Biologic mount.
    I almost tried the Wahoo Fitness Ant+ mount after, but decided for the money I could spend a little more and get a Garmin Edge 500 with more accuracy than my iPhone. I still run cyclemeter on all of my rides though. My wife likes getting the emails with map position, makes her feel better when I'm riding solo, which is most of the time.

Here is a picture of where it failed.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Has anyone tried the slipgrip / defender combo?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mestapho View Post
    Yep. I had the bioliogic for about two months before it broke. I ride a lot of rocky trails and over time the constant chatter broke the swivel part. It pushed thought the bottom of the case eventually. My phone just fell off of my bars during a ride. For $60 I expected more than two months of use. What i have seen on all of the iPhone bike mounts is that they use a stiff/brittle plastic. If they were made from a sturdier ABS like the Otterbox and had a mount meant to deal with the rigors of trail riding it would be fine I think. I loved the Biologic when it was working though. I think the Wahoo Fitness mount is going to suffer the same deficiencies as the Biologic mount.
    I almost tried the Wahoo Fitness Ant+ mount after, but decided for the money I could spend a little more and get a Garmin Edge 500 with more accuracy than my iPhone. I still run cyclemeter on all of my rides though. My wife likes getting the emails with map position, makes her feel better when I'm riding solo, which is most of the time.

Here is a picture of where it failed.
    Wow, you must be no joke with your gear. I guess in that context there isn't a case that can handle the abuse you'll subject them too.

This did get me thinking though, I have the feeling that most cases are designed for roadies.

mtbr member
    Rokform.com

mtbr member
    I've been trying to figure out a good way to possibly mount my iPhone as well and because my bars are pretty full (lights dropper post remote etc..) I think I might try mounting it to the top tube of my Mojo HD.

Has anyone had any luck with this type of mount?

p.s. I've held it in place and rotated the bars to make sure it does clear in case of a crash.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    You could check out this mount:
    Waterproof Cycle Bike Pro Tough Case iPhone 4S Mount (sku 13414) :: [ BuyBits ]
    I'm using the same one made for the Galaxy S2. Mount is very sturdy.
    You can check a video of some tests I did here:
    Testing Utimate Addons Galaxy s2 Waterproof Case with Bike Mount - YouTube

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I just bought the rokform mount. It's very sturdy and well built. Can't see how it would ever break. The mount is made from aluminum and the case polycarbonate or something.

I'm lucky enough to live by the company. I went in to buy it. I had my bike with me after riding and they offered to install the mount for me. They were very helpful.

I was looking at the Wahoo and a few others. But all of them are made of plastic (I mean the mounts). I figured they would break easily. Here is the site.

Ok, I can't post sites cause my post count is too low.

The company is Rokform.

Ballstein Models
    I tried the wahoo ant+ case. sent it back. got the rokform cycling mount and the wahoo ant+ little dongle thingy in case I want to use the almost universally awful iOS cycling apps

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Also have the Rokform V3 can't fault it. Need to insure my Iphone 4 now, incase I fall

Ballstein Models
    RokForm is pretty sweet.

RokForm iPhone mount by hogprint, on Flickr

Recreational Cyclist
    May 2012
    I use Topeak Ridecase for commuting which was mentioned above. I'm not sure if I'd mtb with it though...

Let's Ride Cowboys
    I concur on the Rokbed V3 by Rokform.

The case by itself has got to be the coolest around. Especially for those that want serious protection without the giant rubber and weight of an otter box or need the water proofing of the Lifeproof case. Plus the locking attachments and magnet kit are useful.

I actually just tested out the v3 Bike mount and it was great. So solid. Screws right onto the top of the stem. Milled out of a solid piece of aluminum. So it's tough yet light weight. It also has a magnet built in which adds an extra layer twist resistance. You could add the lanyard for invade it comes off (lanyard would go around the mount) but I don't see this thing coming off unless it suffered a direct hit at the right angle.

The position of the phone on the stem is perfect placement. Good for a quick glance but far away from your hands tempted to fiddle with it while riding.

You can also adjust the angle to 90 degree, lock the iPhone in landscape and using it to record your ride. Although not as secure but still it's. It going to come off easily.

$40 for the case. Which includes the lanyard and stick on RMS mount.

$70 for the bike mount which includes the mount with two different length screws, lanyard, four clips to keep the bottom case attached if you didn't want to use the lanyard. And the v3 magnet kit that replaces the rubber non skid section. And some Rokform stickers.

The only person this setup wouldn't be good for is those who like to get all wet and/or muddy.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    thanks for info

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast