Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    I'm a believer in the "Otter case", it has saved my Iphone many times. I'd like to keep the phone in the otter case and be able to mount it on my MB. Right now I'm using a bar mounted, squeeze type mount. Jury is still out. Phone seems to "slip" about a bit in rough terrain. I might get a small bungee to secure over it...? Still testing....

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikejeeps2 View Post
    I'm also a big fan of Rokform cases....while I don't use my iPhone on my bike I do have a Rokform case for my iPhone and love it

mtbr member
    I like the Handy Andy by bikase: It's cheap, I can keep my phone in its' own case and it's well protected and easy to mount. Velcro straps don't loosen the way the plastic clamps and in crashes the straps give way without breaking anything. The screen could break, but that's true with just about any case...

Here's a link to my review of the case on my blog. Mountain Mileage: iPhone/Smartphone Bike Mount Review - Bikase
    Last edited by dirtdan; 05-27-2013 at 09:09 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    +1 RokForm.

I Ride Bikes

Lifeproof ftw

Lifeproof FTW....they only make cases for the iphone. It's waterproof, dirtproof, shockproof, etc. I made a couple of underwater videos. That's how great this case is. Plus you can get one from Amazon for about $60. I just ordered the bike mount for it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Topeak Ride Case

I got this about a week now and it's been great so far. I use it with Endomondo.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    All good info but any ideas for a case that you can film POV with?

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean_M View Post
    All good info but any ideas for a case that you can film POV with?
    MiVeu iPhone Chest Mount POV
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    +1 for the Rokform.
    This is the ONLY way to go. Incredibly simple yet rugged and well executed. It is what I was looking for when I still didn't know what I was looking for.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Topeak ride case can do it. I was planing to rec My ride but haven't gotten around it. I can post a picture later.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I was interested in Rokform but the case alone not including the mount cost just as much as the Ride Case shipped WITH the stem mount and a snug iphone case from amazon.

The case itself is durable and pretty sleek. I'm using it as a case when it's not mounted on my bike.
    Last edited by JoyRide_21; 07-25-2012 at 08:45 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Don't get the Rokform if you have a lefty Cannondale, the bikes don't have the right stem that the mount secures to

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I went with the life proof and bike mount, this is damn near bullet proof! It has been awesome so far on my bike. Here is a video of it mounted while riding, didn't shift or tilt not one bit. I have also wiped out a few times letting my bike go and yes, it was still attached no probs. I purchased 2 thinking I needed it mounted to both bikes, but never needed to as to move it from One bike to another is a breez, so I'm gonna sell the second case and mount. But here is a vid of it mounted.

YouTube - Rocky Mountain Altitude RSL 70 Testing out my new chest mount.mov

I also filmed iPhone videos with this mount as well, just mounted forward and tilted my iPhone forward and it actually did a really nice job, looked cool. I just need to upload that vid one of these days.
    Last edited by jesse101; 07-27-2012 at 03:56 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    was hoping id get some ideas here since i have an iphone looking to mount it on my bike and use it to monitor stuff but unfortunately im using a lifeproof case which kinda limited my options.

i really did not want to use lifeproof as i have a beef with them giving me problems with one of their products (armband).

guess i have no choice..

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Since I received my Lifeproof case and mount, I am going to add my $.02.

1, The case is pretty much bomb proof, but seal SIGNIFICANTLY MUFFLES THE SPEAKER. I have already missed a few calls because I can't hear it ring.

2. I like the design of the mount. However, the included removable rubber strips are either too big or too small. The thin rubber strip should be 2-3mm thicker IMO. I put a few wraps of electrical tape around the handlebar to secure it better. The mount did not shift on the road or a newly graded fire road. However speed and vibration would most likely shift the mount.

As a whole, the Lifeproof is a good product and would suggest it to anybody. However, I think the sound issue and the rubber strips should have been squared away before it went on the market...Especially when the entire setup (Case, bike mount, and belt clip) cost $150.

I wish Otter Box would have stepped up to the plate.
    Last edited by JRS73; 08-05-2012 at 08:51 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    i have the same setup as yours and here's my 0.02

Quote Originally Posted by JRS73 View Post
    Since I received my Lifeproof case and mount, I am going to add my $.02.

1, The case is pretty much bomb proof, but seal SIGNIFICANTLY MUFFLES THE SPEAKER. I have already missed a few calls because I can hear it ring.

i use a wireless bluetooth in-ear headset the motorola S600, so this is not an issue for me

2. I like the design of the mount. However, the included removable rubber strips are either too big or too small. The thin rubber strip should be 2-3mm thicker IMO. I put a few wraps of electrical tape around the handlebar to secure it better. The mount did not shift on the road or a newly graded fire road. However speed and vibration would most likely shift the mount.

this i very much agree. tried to mount it on the stem but i often hit my phone when i stand up and is not really good for my setup since i have an ANT+ receiver sticking out.

As a whole, the Lifeproof is a good product and would suggest it to anybody. However, I think the sound issue and the rubber strips should have been squared away before it went on the market...Especially when the entire setup (Case, bike mount, and belt clip) cost $150.

I wish Otter Box would have stepped up to the plate.
    im happy overall though,

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I looked into a mount for the iPhone, but concerned about a crash and damage to the phone, so I just set it up (Sports Tracker) and place in my seat pack; it's protected from the elements and not a hitch in the performance arena.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by danhasdrums View Post
    I like the one by bikase: It's cheap, I can keep my phone in its' own case and it's well protected and easy to mount.

Here's a link to my review of the case on my blog. Mountain Mileage: iPhone/Smartphone Bike Mount Review - Bikase
    Oops, bad link.
    Here's the right one:

Mountain Mileage: iPhone/Smartphone Bike Mount Review - Bikase

mtbr member
    I use the lifeproof case and mount.

I agree with the bullet proof statements.

The mount is a snap to install or remove and install on another bike.

The case is a little bit longer than the otterbox but not as thick. I can happily toss it in my pocket which I couldn't do with the otterbox.

You won't regret this case/mount system.

ExChef

Let's Ride Cowboys
    I've been using the Rokform bike mount for about 3 months now on my daily commute. Not one issue.

Life Proof is really a great product but I wouldn't want use it daily and it's recommended you don't take the phone out of the case a lot as it wears on the seal.

I have a couple serious drops (6 foot drop on hard tile and a toss across blacktop) with my iPhone in the Rokbed v3 case. No damage to the phone.

I also like the color options and the case is thin enough on the bottom to fit in almost every sound dock I've tried. With out removing the bottom of the case.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    rammount makes two for the iphone.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical View Post
    I looked into a mount for the iPhone, but concerned about a crash and damage to the phone, so I just set it up (Sports Tracker) and place in my seat pack; it's protected from the elements and not a hitch in the performance arena.
    Update: Welp. I purchased the Life Proof case and mount and so far I have used it on the MTB (handlebr) and the road bike (stem) and so far, so good. I've taken a couple spills on the MTB (testing my clipless pedals) and no damage to the phone or the holder, but I know the holder is not bullet proof though. I chose the Life Proof case over the Otter box case because it is closer to the size of my previous iPhone case I had; I can't stick it in my dress shirt pocket like with my old case, but it's now water proof unlike my old case, so that's a good trade off. I plan to get the arm band, too - the belt clip looks to big and bulky and I don't like big and bulky thinks hanging from my pants. I can't doc the phone though, well without the adapter that is. There are trade offs, but I think more for the positive, at least for me. I

Al

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by danhasdrums View Post
    What kind of battery pack is that on the underside of the frame?

Thanks...Al

~Reformed Mechanic~

Chiming In here...

I went with the Rokform case and mount a couple of weeks ago and so far I have been very happy with it. I dont use the lanyard, just the case lock when riding and Ive only had 1 time I dropped the phone doing some pretty hard drop off's.

So far its fit the bill perfectly for me. Also, I dont know if anyone else is dumb enough to try this but Ive taken some video clips from my Rokform mount with my IP4...

If you guys want to check them out here is the link... Sorry for the crazy filming... what did you expect

Aces High - YouTube
    I do all my own stunts, but never intentionally...

mtbr member
    I used to use this one until I got my gps watch. will sell it if your looking for one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast