mtbr member

Basic Computer ~ $50

Hi all,
    I am looking for suggestions for a basic computer that is RELIABLE with the basic functions, and wireless for $50 or less. Seems there are so many choices that it's about as easy as finding a bike!

Is there a "go to" brand or model?

Thanks, any input is appreciated

mtbr member
    Try the Cateye Micro Wireless. It seems to be the closest to a go-to brand/model and can be had for about $50 in stores or around $25 on ebay.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    2nd the cateye micro. they got them on clearance at wheelworld.com for $29...

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Interested in this also. I have one on my bike (forget the brand) and it isn't very accurate. On a trail yesterday at the 3.5 mark, it was 3.1. Not a huge difference but the father I go, the farther off it will be.
    2008 Cannondale F4
    Shimano XT brakes, ice tech rotors.

mtbr member
    Thanks all,
    I just finished installing my cateye mirco wireless (got off of ebay), install was fairly easy and seems to be working well although I have not officially trail tested her yet.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcnflman
    Thanks all,
    I just finished installing my cateye mirco wireless (got off of ebay), install was fairly easy and seems to be working well although I have not officially trail tested her yet.

If you can, update me on whether it's accurate or not. I might just get rid of mine if the cateye is highly recommended.
    2008 Cannondale F4

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    It seemed right accuracy wise. I'm assuming you programmed it correctly to the tire size you are using. when I rode a trail, at the 3.4mile mark, the cateye showed 3.5. that made sense to account for the side to side riding on the trail.....(instead of right thru the middle of the trail).

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdan
    It seemed right accuracy wise. I'm assuming you programmed it correctly to the tire size you are using. when I rode a trail, at the 3.4mile mark, the cateye showed 3.5. that made sense to account for the side to side riding on the trail.....(instead of right thru the middle of the trail).
    My LBS put it on when I go tthe bike. They put it on some piece of equipment that they enterd some readings into (tire size???) and it is suppose to set it up. I guess i need to find the book and redo it. I have to take the bike to my LBS tomorrow anyways so maybe I'll mention it then. If it works, it's fine. I know it won't be 100% accurate but I'd like it to be closer than what it is.
    2008 Cannondale F4

mtbr member
    http://www.cateye.com/sites/cateye/u...C100Wv2ENG.pdf

Go there for the manual, it's simple to program...

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcnflman
    http://www.cateye.com/sites/cateye/u...C100Wv2ENG.pdf

Go there for the manual, it's simple to program...
    Mine is a Sigma computer. Not trying to invade Kcnflman's thread so if it's unwelcomed please let me know and I will delete this.

Here is a link to my computer with the .pdf. If anyone would be kind enough to help me figure this out I would be greatful.

http://www.sigmasport.de/us/service_...p=bikecomputer

The settings show the wheelsize is set to 2.155 right now.

The height is 26". The distance when I rolled the wheel one complete revolution was 81.5"
    (both of these are talked about on page 18 of the manual).

I just don't know if mine should be 2.155???????????
    2008 Cannondale F4