29er and 26er
    Mar 2012

Is anyone using the Motoactv?

I wanted to know if anyone was using the Motoactv, and could give any comments as to how they like it.

Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I use it, ive used it for running by now ive used it twice for biking and its pretty good. The website is pretty good too, tells you what music( If youre listening to music) gets you moving, the map of where you traveled. You can also enter friendly competitions on the website to help motive you

29er and 26er
    Mar 2012
    I just received it yesterday afternoon. I've quickly updated it to the latest software version. My heart monitor arrives early next week.

I got it #1 because I'm a techy geek kind of bike rider guy. #2 I wanted to monitor my heart rate during my spinning classes.

For my commute this morning, it did a great job. I kept the screen off while I rode, and the battery didn't hardly budge. On my ride home I will keep the screen on and see what affect that has on battery life. So far, this may replace my old bike computer.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Here is a screenshot of 1 of my sessions.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is anyone using the Motoactv?-uploadfromtaptalk1334967187494.jpg  

29er and 26er
    Mar 2012
    One of the things that worried me ways complaints of battery life.

On my first ride a short ~30 minute commute to work, I had GPS enabled, and the screen off. I went down to 90% battery life. Not bad at all.

On my ride home, I charged it to 100% full, set the screen brightness to the lowest settings, and kept the screen on during my ride. I fully expected to see a significant drop in battery life. Again I went down to 90%. Dispite the low brightness settings, I could still read the screen!

I'm guessing I could get 5 to 7 hours of continuous GPS use, but time will tell.

This thing seems to be as accurate as my Android phone. So far it seems to be working great! Now I don't need to worry about using all of the battery on my phone while riding.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Yeah i wear mine as a watch and it usually last a few days without me charging.

mtbr member
    I've been using the Motoactv for a couple of months, it serves as my MP3 player and GPS I use it biking and at the gym and have been pretty happy.
    I like the ability to time loops and give me my speeds as well as let me race against my times. Paired with wireless headphones I think it's a must have.