mtbr member

Anyone use a foreunner 201/301 bike mount?

Does anyone used the bike mount kit for the foreunner 201/301? Either quick release or normal. I just got a used 301 off eBay, but it seems to be missing one of the pins that hold it to the wrist strap. Are these pins even used for the bike mount kit? I assume you take to wrist band off. I don't want to go search for a new pin if I don't need it for the bike mount kit.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The strap isn't needed for the bike mount - you snap the forerunner to the bike mount via the side indents/tabs. However, I always use the strap anyway just in case.

mtbr member

For furure reference....

I ended up getting the quick release mount for the 201/301. You do not use the velcro strap for the quick release. The strap and barrel pins must be removed, as the bracket not only snaps in on the sides, but also where the pins would have been.

Just FYI for all those who may be interested.

Boyeeee
    A word of warning, my 301 fell out of the mount this weekend never to be seen again. The cradle and mound are still on the bike, but the side tabs didn't hold the unit in. I've used it for years so the tabs may have slowly been worn down.

The good news is that I upgraded to a 705 yesterday.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the heads up. I have noticed that sometimes the rubber flap over the USB port makes it difficult to fully latch the side tabs on that side. I can definitely see how typical use would wear down the side tabs though.

parenting for gnarness
    I use an old 201. I used just an old light mount on the bars and wrap the wrist strap around it - works great! I have had the pins come out several times -a few lost ones I replaced with old forerunner parts or watch parts, and then crazy glued it all to the unit body. No problems since then, cheap solution which still lets you wear it on your arm or strap to your camelback as neeeded.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

Members who have read this thread: 0