mtbr member

Anyone else having trouble getting on Motionbased?

I couldn't get onto motion based today. It said the web address I entered was not available. It's the same one that has always worked.

Also last week I had three rides that never went into my inbox. Last time I was on the site it was still trying to send them to the inbox. It was doing that for over 3 days.

mtbr member
    I think it's getting more spotty and garmin isn't really supporting it. I've tried for the last couple of days, no luck.
    I'm looking forward to regretting this.......

mtbr member
    As of 3 August, MotionBased was taken over by Garmin Connect. Upload your rides to Garmin Connect.
    http://connect.garmin.com/

mtbr member
    I use an etrex vista hcx because my fourth edge crapped out a while ago, and the vista isn't supported by garmin connect. Connect is only for the fitness devices.

Omaha Clyde
    Mar 2009
    Am I ever going to be able to use my oregon on there?

mtbr member
    supposedly connect will support all devices, eventually. Given how long it's taken garmin to get connect going, even to the degree it is now, we could be in for a long wait (vista hcx owner here too). Fortunately, I like topofusion and trimble outdoors also.
    I'm looking forward to regretting this.......

The word I keep hearing is that GC will support all devices sometime this fall. I suspect they'll be adding .gpx support to GC then, too. Motionbased has always been plagued by system outages, especially on Sun and Mon. And oh, guess what...it's Sun. Not too surprised there. I'm totally not sad to see it go, but it is nearing its end of life.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk
    The word I keep hearing is that GC will support all devices sometime this fall. I suspect they'll be adding .gpx support to GC then, too. Motionbased has always been plagued by system outages, especially on Sun and Mon. And oh, guess what...it's Sun. Not too surprised there. I'm totally not sad to see it go, but it is nearing its end of life.
    The whole transition to GarminConnect has been riddled with problems. Feature regression, only a few supported devices, activities not being migrated over, etc, etc....

I love MotionBased.com when it works, but it is almost a given that it is going to be down for extended periods of time every weekend. I agree that there appears to be not support for it at all, which is terrible consider the majority of Garmin devices (Garmin owns MotionBased.com) are unsupported on the new GarminConnect.

If and when they ever do get it totally converted (this process has been on going for a LONG time), I'm sure it will be better but I'm not counting on it. And I surely won't be paying money for any "premium" services like I did with MotionBased.com

Even though GC is lacking in features, they do seem to have the basic architecture of the site worked out much better than MB. It is a shame it's taken so stinking long, though. The activity transfer is still ongoing. I had a new one show up on GC this past week, but I understand there's an enormous amount of data that needs to be transferred and processed. We'll see how it goes. Otherwise, there are other options. Granted, I never paid for premium service, either.

mtbr member
    I was finally able to get on Motionbased today. Had the rides waiting in my inbox and was able to upload another ride instantly.