mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Another 810 question

I've been reading the manual and still haven't come across how to do this or missed it.

So today was my first ride with it, worked well, uploaded my ride to Garmin Connect.

I have a few key resting spots during my ride. I'd like to be able to track my time/ stats to each of these, but still keep it as one ride.

Thanks
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    You mean like pause? According to what DC Rainmaker wrote, paused time isn't recorded and it's like it never happened(see his "Cinnabon reference") as it doesn't do an elapsed time vs run time like my watch(FR 610 does for running/cycling). So maybe "lap" tap when you start your break and end your break then it should still provide stats like HR and time. Maybe?

Yep, with GC, this is really the only way to do it. hit the lap button to see your time between the splits. Doing it this way, you're only really going to get timing information and an average speed. You won't get all the other max and min data for the lap segments.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedbabytoes View Post
    You mean like pause? According to what DC Rainmaker wrote, paused time isn't recorded and it's like it never happened(see his "Cinnabon reference") as it doesn't do an elapsed time vs run time like my watch(FR 610 does for running/cycling). So maybe "lap" tap when you start your break and end your break then it should still provide stats like HR and time. Maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    Yep, with GC, this is really the only way to do it. hit the lap button to see your time between the splits. Doing it this way, you're only really going to get timing information and an average speed. You won't get all the other max and min data for the lap segments.

Sorry if I didn't explain myself well and excuse my ignorance on it, this is my first GPS. I knew the timer paused. I was trying to just set up segments along my ride I could compare each time I ride.

I found it in the manual. I can hit lap at each point and then on my next ride it will use that position to auto lap.

Thanks
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I think you can setup "courses" to do what you want.