mtbr member

Alternative to google maps - craigslist?

Not sure where to post this but here goes....I just moved to an area that has a lot of small disparate conservation parcels and a lot of them are not well mapped out. I've been using a number of websites (google maps, conservation sections of different town websites) to try linking trails together. It's tough to find one source that has most trails on it, so I've had to use this piece meal approach which is ok as I enjoy exploring and figuring routes out myself.

I just happened to be on craigslist and was using the map function to display ads and noticed there was a ton of detail of trails in the area. Does anyone know what map service they use? Or is there another map alternative that has every obscure trail on it?

(Also, there's not a lot of mountain bike traffic in the area, so checking out strava and other mountain bike mapping services would not be much help)

Thanks.

Looks like craigslist's maps reference the following two services:
    Natural Earth
    OpenStreetMap

NaturalEarth looks like it is simply a data provider with no map viewer that I can find on a cursory glance. They might have one buried somewhere, still.

OSM is a pretty well-known option, and it allows you to add trails. You may find the trails you're looking at on their maps already. I like OSM for a lot of things. Unfortunately, I don't think their viewer looks quite as nice as Google.

mtbr member
    Open Street looks exactly like what I was looking for. Thanks for the help, Nate. Now I need to close that page or I'll never get any work done today.